Release Notes for 9/10/2014
[ SYSTEMS ]
- Updated a large number of systems necessary for the Linux client.
[ MISC ]
- "kill" command is no longer possible in competitive matchmaking matches ( except during warmup ).
- Fix for CTs not speaking their radio lines when throwing an Incendiary grenade.
- Voice status text now shows the player location for teammates.
- Radio command location text is now colored in chat.
- Planted bomb status now displays for spectators.
- Improved some inventory, inspect and economy audio feedback.
[ OPERATION BREAKOUT ]
- Operation Breakout is on sale.
[ PERFORMANCE ]
- Improved performance when scoreboard is visible.
- Improved performance when spectator panel is visible.
- Improved performance in some cases where avatars and "Display" items are displayed.
[ MAPS ]
-- Various bug fixes.
-- Fixed buyzone bug in competitive mode.
-- Updated overview map.
We've released a mandatory update for TF2. The notes for the update are below. The new version number is 2395700.
- Added taunts to the items that can be uploaded to the Steam Workshop
- Added new "Taunt" and "Halloween" tags to the Steam Workshop
- Previous entries marked with the "Halloween 2013" tag will automatically be updated to use the new tag in the coming days
- Added tournament medals for the ETF2L and RETF2 EE22
- Client/server performance improvements
- Improved client memory usage by updating weapons to only be loaded on demand
- Improved edict usage on servers to help eliminate "out of edicts" errors during round restarts
- Fixed a server crash caused by using the "map" command in the console while the server is running
- Fixed a client crash when switching between windowed-mode and fullscreen for Mac OS X and Linux clients
- Re-enabled HTML MOTD support for Mac OS X and Linux clients
- Extended the server's "status" command to display edict usage and player/bot counts
- status output also includes basic class stats...not fully implemented yet
- Fixed custom content not being shown while watching .dem files that were recorded on servers running with sv_pure
- Fixed a teleporter exploit that involved players killing teammates via telefrag by switching to Spectator
- Fixed bad LODs for The Angel of Death coat for the Medic
- Fixed push triggers applying push values twice when lag compensation is being done
- Fixed a Hammer crash related to changing entity types for an existing entity
- Fixed Strange flamethrowers not getting kill credit for deflected projectiles
- Fixed mini-crit and taunt-invite icons being orphaned in the world
- Fixed the Festive Force-a-Nature using the wrong taunt animation
- Fixed the difficulty value not displaying correctly in the Mann vs. Machine scoreboard
- Fixed Mann vs. Machine bots floating in the air when they die from an explosion
- Fixed the Pyro's clap sounds clipping the voice lines during the Party Trick taunt
- Fixed the Short Circuit creating its firing effects when being deployed
- Fixed Mini-Sentry collision hull being scaled smaller than it should be
- The Frying Pan can now accept Kills While Explosive Jumping strange parts
- Updated the equip_region for the Mining Light and Lord Cockswain's Novelty Mutton Chops and Pipe
- Updated the materials for the Apparition's Aspect and made it paintable
- Updated the Eternaween vote so it cannot be initiated by clients without using the Eternaween
- Updated the localization files
- Updated pl_cactuscanyon
- Completed permanent removal of previous stage 2 from the map
- Removed the rollback hill in stage 2, and adjusted neighboring u-turn
- Adjusted the right-hand spawn exit for Blu in stage 2
- Reworked Sniper window above underpass in stage 2
- Adjusted spawn times in stage 2
- Added flatcars to the train in stage 2
- Blu side path from cart spawn to underpass is now a drop-down in stage 2
- Widened a doorway along the cart-path in stage 2
- Updated rd_asteroid
- Removed spawn advantage for attackers that die in the enemy base
- Moved health and ammo above the front door stairs further into the base
- Increased bot count. Summed total health and points in each section remains the same.
- Power core pickups now give health and ammo to the collector
- Removed small health kit above cave exit
- Added medium ammo kit in the caves near the medium health kit